Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Do We Really Open in Four Weeks?

Well, it's been a week or so again since I've posted... Hope that anyone and everyone who reads this is doing well.

It's amazing how much happens within a week of rehearsals. Last time I checked in, we hadn't even touched Act II, and now it's completely blocked. We've been working hard, but also laughing like one wouldn't believe. The "Conflict Resolution" scene alone is enough to make even the toughest Harley guy blush. It's really funny though...

So, the title of this blog is a tad intimidating. We really do open four weeks from tomorrow. I have every confidence that we'll be more than ready, and I am so excited. But I also know how quickly four weeks can go, and we still have many miles to go... I've spent a good amount of time studying lines, but I'm still not where I want to be. Next Monday we are to be completely off book/score, so we'll make that happen no matter what.

Still having a great time and thrilled with the experience. The cast is awesome and giving some major moments already. There's a lot of fun stuff going on outside of rehearsal too. New Line's photographer, Michael Daft, is taking some amazing photography for this show. I don't want to give too much away just yet, but suffice it to say that you simply must see the lobby photography and headshots for this show. I had a photo shoot with Michael a couple of weeks ago, and I am amazed at what he can produce... He's an unbelievable artist. He'll be taking some PR photos for the show next week at rehearsal as well - look for 'em!

Time to sign off for me, for now....

Rock on,
Jeff

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Jeff, Chris Owens here, and I am super excited about the show, can't wait for it to open. I was also wondering what your e-mail was...if you had one. If you could drop me a line at sfstlent@yahoo.com I had a question for you. Alright, take it easy and have fun with the rest of rehearsals!

GoGo said...

This is so much fun for me--1st musical in about 5+ years and I'm so glad I've got a friend in the cast with whom I am so comfortable!!!

I think you are doing an amazing job!

xoxo,
GoGo