Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Act One, Take One

Tonight we ran all of Act I for the first time. As one would expect, it is far from perfect... But it does seem like there is some great stuff going on already. There are a lot of funny moments and touching moments, and some pretty awesome vocal moments, too. Also, it's such a fun and supportive group of people, which is extremely cool...


I'm disappointed in myself because I don't know my lines very well yet... We were expected (more like encouraged) to be off-book for Act I tonight, but we absolutely must have everything memorized by the time we run Act I again. That's certainly fair and necessary, but I definitely have my work cut out for me. Rob's character has an immense line load. I've been focusing more on music so far, so my bad for getting behind on memorizing lines. We don't run Act I again for a while, but really that's no comfort. See, we start blocking Act II stuff at the next rehearsals, so all of that must be memorized as well. Crap. I'm on it though. I should log off now and go spend some time on it.


On another note, there are two more bloggers in the bunch now: Joel Hackbarth and Todd Micali. For some reason, I'm having trouble getting Blogger to add their links to my little list to the right here. Until I can figure it out, know that they can be accessed at kleptoboy.blogspot.com (Joel) and tmpmitw.blogspot.com (Todd).

Rock on,
Jeff

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are doing an amazing job, my friend--the load you are carrying is immense, but you are doing it with style and grace.

I only have two small-ish scenes (and only one of them is in Act I)...and I still couldn't get mine right!!!!

I sounded terRIFic on the car ride home, though. Even knew the lines to both the dialogue AND the song. It'll be great when I can actually do that when it counts...

See you Thurs,
GoGo