Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Back On My Game (mostly)

Okay, so it's so much easier to participate in a music rehearsal when you can actually sing. Many thanks to my doctor for the medicine, as well as to the creators of all of the various supplements and vitamins that I rocked through my system over the last week. Things were much better by last Thursday, and I'd say I'm almost 95% back vocally this week.

We're moving right along. Last night the whole cast ran through the big finale' number "Turn the World Off," and it sounded great. Tonight was just for the guys. A fellow cast mate put it well when she told me "the bitches have the night off." That's hilarious. Anyway, the fellas worked out the songs "Conflict Resolution," "Saturday Night Girl," and "9% Chance Of Your Love." We had a good time, but this is definitely tough stuff. And such long songs! And high!! The third time we ran "9% Chance...," I honestly thought I saw one of my vocal cords fly out of my mouth. But then I realized it was just the gum I was chewing... Gross.

Another hilarious part of the evening was attempting to emulate Axl Rose, The Beastie Boys, and Snoop Dogg, all in one song. That is actually written in the script. You'll have to see this to believe it. "Shall we leave it at that, then?"

Rock on,
Jeff

2 comments:

Paige Horras Photography said...

Jeff! Is this your blog? If so, I am going to add your link to my list of blogs I visit because otherwise I might not remember this name. I would love to do a head shot of you anytime but it looks like the one you have is pretty darn good! You are very photogenic!

Paige

Paige Horras said...

One more thing... If you ever want to check in and see what our family is up to, I also have a blog for that. It is www.emeryandreed.blogspot.com.

I love that we are staying connected through cyberspace!

Paige